Artist´s Statement:

Painting with glass is similar to drawing ... it is like the first kiss:quiet, clean, light and it carries within the deepest emotions.
If you like glass, you will love beads, and if you love beads .... hope you will love my Shop ♥


04.01.2015

Will it be good?

Here we are in the month of january named after the roman god Janus, an appropriate personification of the start of the new year.
Janus ... known as the god with two faces so that he could look ahead toward the future and back at the past at the same time. 

I decided to be a little bit like Janus. We all know through experience what we did wrong and what we did right (do we?) and hope to do better this year and started with birds - that what I can do best as they are my signature beads for so many years now. 
They are special to me because they broght a lot of joy into my life, a lot of connections with great people all over the world, they brought a lot of new friends into my life mostly of them still beeing so near to me for so many years now.

There are a lot of people making every new year ambitious new year’s resolutions. Others just take a deep breath and hope for the best.… that´s me. 

I am never making resolutions, just dreaming because I still believe in my dreams and even if the year is very young one of my dreams is just now starting getting true (more about in one month LOL).

My dear friends, I will stay simply who I am with all my passion for beauty, for glass and paintings, making beads now in my 11th year, teaching from time to time (not too much), keeping my life working balance and much more.
And because

"There's always room for a story that can transport people to another place." --J.K. Rowling

this is my first set of the year 2015 wishing you a lot of fun with:

Snowbirds 

 ... and the first angel of the year: The January Snow Dancer ♥


For you and your families once again all my best wishes, have a wealthy and happy 2015.

(Für meine deutschen Leser: Ich hatte versprochen auch in deutscher Sprache zu schreiben, das werde ich weiterhin versuchen konstant zu tun ... heute aus akutem Zeitmangel nicht, könnt ihr mir noch einmal verzeihen ☺? Danke ihr Lieben ♥)

1 Kommentar:

Sonnenlicht - Heidi Hombsch hat gesagt…

Dear Manu,
It's okay, when we have to remember our english sometimes.
It's important to make things wrong, to make mestakes: In this way You get chances to learn, to make things better. I hope Your dreams become true.
I like Your thoughts and Your beautiful birds and like everytime I leave Your blog enriched.
Thank You for Your visit.
Heidi