Artist´s Statement:

Painting with glass is similar to drawing ... it is like the first kiss:quiet, clean, light and it carries within the deepest emotions.
If you like glass, you will love beads, and if you love beads .... hope you will love my Shop ♥


26.01.2015

Berlin, Art and other stories

To paint is to love again. 
It’s only when we look with eyes of love that we see as the painter sees. His is a love, moreover, which is free of possessiveness. What the painter sees he is duty-bound to share. Usually he makes us see and feel what ordinarily we ignore or are immune to. His manner of approaching the world tells us, in effect, that nothing is vile or hideous, nothing is stale, flat and unpalatable unless it be our own power of vision. To see is not merely to look. One must look-see. See into and around. (Henry Miller) 

My first creative love was drawing and painting, I was doing it over years and years with more or less a shorter or longer break but I was returning every time to it and it will remain always special to me as only a First-Love can be.

And then one day glass came into my life and demanded all my time for several years.

- btw ... talking about glass: I have a new necklace in my ETSY shop for you. I had made a small series of two some years ago for a gallery in Germany, one is sold, this one is the other. It is made of hollow glass beads inspired by my love for Tahiti pearls:


 I´ve put the paintings away for several years but beeing a big part of my personality and my first love ☺ .... it is coming more and more back into my life.
I am painting again since one year now and I have no fear of making changes .... I love glass, I love to paint and I love my life as it is now:

E X C I T I N G ♥



See you next week in Berlin - I am happy about the opportunity of exhibiting my work together with other students in the gallery rooms of the Painting Academy in Berlin, opening is on Sunday, 1st of February. See you there if you like.

Keine Kommentare: