Artist´s Statement:

Painting with glass is similar to drawing ... it is like the first kiss:quiet, clean, light and it carries within the deepest emotions.
If you like glass, you will love beads, and if you love beads .... hope you will love my Shop ♥


04.09.2014

Drinking the Wild Air

“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just imagine that feeling. It would be great to be a white goose ☺ ... like these ones.




In my ETSY • White Geese with golden wings







The holidays are over and I am going again weekly to the art school. 

The subject of this term is about techniques and big open skies seem to call my name.

These skies can be very powerful and I love their subtle, soft color gradation. It's easy to see perspective when dealing with straight lines. But clouds for example are less structured and difficult to deal with and capture that “atmospheric perspective”.

I am working on my skills for gradation of color, it is important to master this skill because painting skyscapes looks crazy easy but it isn´t at all. Varying skies, the light in our area and keeping it simple at first sight, thinking about color and shades of steelgrey and bluegrey and depth, mixing a lot of colors especially greys without the use of black etc. etc.

Believe me …. I am working now for 4 days on this painting and it is only at its beginning. I am thinking “aim for the moon and hit an eagle ☺”:

Work in progress, Acrylic on Paper (sorry for the undulating paper)

Clouds came into my life
(Same painting on different stages, I am pretty exciting viewing the transparency evolving).





Keine Kommentare: