Artist´s Statement:

Painting with glass is similar to drawing ... it is like the first kiss:quiet, clean, light and it carries within the deepest emotions.
If you like glass, you will love beads, and if you love beads .... hope you will love my Shop ♥


10.04.2014

The Working Artist´s Paradox

I am making beads now for 10 years, the last years I was trying to make a living from my art and that what I love and I feel emotionally attached. 
I have been asked several times about how I feel about parting with my beautiful beads, a lot of people couldn´t even imagine to let them go if they would have been the artist.

I am happy making beads and jewelry, I am getting great personal pleasure out of doing what I do but once finished the purpose is to bring joy to someone else. My attention goes immediatly to the next piece focusing on new ideas etc. etc. etc.


It makes me happy to make art as a gift not only to me but a gift through me to others. 
I have of course favorites, but there have been only a few ones (3 exactly) that I couldn´t part with and this necklace is one of them. I have it now since 2008 when it was finished and I felt immediately in love with it. It is made from the first silver glass rods that have been made by Double Helix Glassworks and I have combined them with a lot of palladium and fine silver - all handmade by me of course. There was a big amount of work but the finished piece was worth the wait.

Those of you who own my book "Jewelry Design with Art Glass Beads" can see it on page 77, it is named "Pizzicato" and it is from the Dandelion Series. There are a lot of details that you cannot really see in the pics and there is plenty of fine silver handforged by me.




"If you love something you have to set it free" .... isn´t it?



I feel now that I can let it go, I hope that it will get a great home ♥, I will put it for sale into my ETSY shop.





I had a hard time taking pics the last days, I have found out yesterday that a day light bulb was burned but still not very happy with the pics. I have photographed again the bracelet from yesterday, not a great pic but better than that from yesterday LO.

And as always, you can find all these beauties HERE in my Shop






Kommentare:

Perlendschungel hat gesagt…

Da hast du mir genau die richtige Vorlage geliefert, liebe Manu!
Heute durfte ICH mich die Glückliche nennen, zwei (nein, halt drei, vielen lieben Dank dafür) deiner traumhaften Kreationen auspacken zu dürfen. Die Walze ist in natura einfach nur SCHÖÖÖÖÖÖN. Könnte ich jetzt stundenlang ansehen...
Mach weiter so und lass dich auf deinem weiteren Weg mit so einem großen Künstlerherz nicht beirren.
Liebe Grüße,
Sabine

Manuela hat gesagt…

Du Liebe, ich freue mich so, ich hoffe auch, dass wir uns noch in diesem Leben über den Weg laufen, ich würde gerna mit dir eine Runde lachen ♥. Ich danke dir von Herzen,

Manu

Perlendschungel hat gesagt…

Das hast du schön gesagt, liebe Manu. Geht mir genau so! Bei einem Kurs von dir würde ich sofort "zuschlagen"! Aber auch zu einem anderen Anlass bin ich dabei...
Liebe Grüße, Sabine

Manuela hat gesagt…

♥ Du würdest einschlafen, ich brauche laaaaaaaaaaaaaange für die Perlen ☺. Liebe Grüße und wenn du den Osterhasen triffst, schicke ihn auch zu mir ☺. Knuddel, Manu