Artist´s Statement:

Painting with glass is similar to drawing ... it is like the first kiss:quiet, clean, light and it carries within the deepest emotions.
If you like glass, you will love beads, and if you love beads .... hope you will love my Shop ♥


20.03.2014

Day of Happiness

March 20th is celebrated as the Day of Happiness ... they are talking the whole morning on radio about but what is Happiness?

This is for example a little piece of happiness, found it some years ago searching for minerals and fossils in the mountains.


And this is also a piece of happiness .... my almond tree I have planted last year in my garden is blooming for the first time:











And shadows are also part of happiness .... you just have to take sometimes a closer look to see the grey in grey turning to a colorful green:



And of course painting ... it is one of my "must do"´s .... since I was a little child. Wished my parents had understood this. Finished this piece last night, it is something totally new, an experiment that might not be a good one and I have no idea if it will work but ... do you always have to know where you are going to get somewhere?

 
Wenn aus dem Grau in Grau ein buntes Grün wird

For me happiness is something that you are and it comes from the way you think.
I like the definition Aristotle gave to happiness:

"Happiness is a final end or goal that encompasses the totality of one’s life. It is not something that can be gained or lost in a few hours, like pleasurable sensations. It is more like the ultimate value of your life as lived up to this moment, measuring how well you have lived up to your full potential as a human being."

And last but not least ... I believe in chimney sweeper and falling stars as talismans for happiness ☺, what about you?


Keine Kommentare: